Who else is glad it’s 2018? I know I am. We are about half way through the first month of the year and it’s time to really get down and talk about where I want 2018 to take me. I want to keep sharing with y’all my victories, struggles, dating tales, and most definitely how Clover is doing.
I received so much love, support, and kind words regarding my previous post about how 2017 went for me. I mean wow. Y’all really know how to get my heart and mind singing. Leading the year sharing with y’all I Ade to make sure I ket it up. Bring on goals and life changes for 2018.
My one and only new year resolution is Making God My Center. I want to dedicate this year to all His grace and glory. I know all good things will come from Him. I sometimes have days that I just feel like quitting but I know thats not what God wants for me. So this year I will also not let anyone dull my sparkle and excitement for my passion and what I love to do.
Just so y’all know my favorite number is 5. My blog is turning 5 this year. So I think its only appropriate to share 5 things I hope 2018 will bring me. Some things have already happened. Somethings I am currently working on. Others I know will come my way in time.
1. Always start my morning with a devotional. I am working really hard to start my morning with word and scripture instead of social media and not feeling like I am good enough. I want my day to be fresh and full of good thoughts that keep me going all day long.
2. Make new friends and spend quality time with old ones. Being single is not always a bad thing. You have tons of extra time on your hands. I know 2018 is already doing me good with bringing amazing women into my life, example was the blogger brunch I went to on Sunday. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while. I also want to make sure I spend quality time with my friends who have always been by my side. I want to plan activities that mean something and make memories.
3. Working hard to bring more content to this blog. I created it 4 years ago and need to pay it a little more attention. Its so easy to post on instagram get your point across and move on to the next. But I want to give y’all more. More fashion, adventures, experiences, food, and everything in between. Keep following along I am hoping to post two times per week who knows maybe more.
4. Date. I don’t know what else to say about this except put myself out there. I am leaving this is God’s hands to guide the right man into my life. That will not happen if I am just sitting on the couch. Making a point to go to church, be outside with Clover, and yes be set up on dates is what my 2018 is going to look like.
5. Remember God is in control. These things I have listed are all well and good but I am not coming up with these ideas, God has put them on my heart. He wants the best for me and these are the best things for me right now. I know I am not in control and I can not will something to happen. It will happen because God wants it to happen to me. I can just work with Him and for Him to have these goals make a difference in my year.
I can’t thank you enough for stoping by to read my hopes for 2018. I know we will all get through this year with a brighter and happier outlook on life. Just remember is a blip in the big picture. I have to tell myself this as well, everyday, remember the bigger picture.
with LOVE , still haven’t packed