I was visiting a friend of mine in Raleigh, NC a couple months ago and they cooked breakfast for me and man was it a treat. They made almond pancakes. I immediately became obsessed with them. They were so good and healthy too, low carb. I made sure to get the recipe and have been making them about once a week since.
As I start my vacation I wanted to share with you the now famous in my house Red and Fred Almond Pancakes, they are quick to make too. This is something you can make even during the work week to fill you up and get your morning started with an energy and protein packed comfort food.
So please enjoy at your home as well
Red and Fred Almond Pancakes :
2 large Eggs
1 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Water or Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon Stevia or Agave
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Whisk together all ingredients
2. Heat non stick 12in pan on medium heat
3. Spray with coconut oil spray or melt butter
4. Pour 1/4 cup of mix per pancake into pan, let sit until bubbles form on top then flip
5. Should be golden brown on top and bottom, 2 minutes each side. Move to plate. Top with butter and jelly and enjoy